WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — 850 million packages are expected to be delivered by the U.S. Postal Service this holiday season, a more than 10 percent increase compared to last year.
At the A1 Packaging Store, mail is delivered with FedEx, UPS, and USPS. The owner, Kevin Presse, said it is very busy at his store.
There are ways to make your shipping experience cheaper. Presse said don't wait until the last minute and miss the ground shipping deadlines. Priority shipping could almost double the total amount you pay this holiday.
"From just ground to a three-day air a lot of times the price will double and going to the next day a lot of times it'll double from that three days," Preese said. "So yeah, you want to hurry and get things in."
Presse also mentioned ways to make your shipping experience is easier and faster. He said to make sure you have the correct shipping address. Have that information ready so those behind the counter can help you.
To make sure your holiday packages get into the right hands, include a signature.
"Without a signature option, they can leave it by the door and once it's left, its a little more difficult for claims just because they have proof that they left it and then we have to prove that the receiver never received it," Presse said.
Thursday is the last day to ship with USPS to make sure your holiday mail arrives on time.
Click here for a list of the holiday shipping deadlines.
- 2018 Holiday Shipping Deadlines
- Holiday shipping deadlines that could save you money
- Package shipping deadlines
- Shipping deadlines for the 2017 holiday season
- Duke Energy Indiana offers cold weather energy-saving and money-saving tips
- Indiana city approves Lake Michigan cruise ship
- Indiana's voter registration deadline for primary nears
- Tippecanoe property tax deadline moved to Tuesday
- Rensselaer holiday trash schedule
- BMV holiday closures