DISTRICT 22, Ind. (WLFI)—Sherry Shipley has announced her intentions to run for the Indiana State Senate District 22 position.
Shipley, a Democrat, has been involved with the community for years as an educator. She is currently the Dean at Ivy Tech Community College in Lafayette.
One of the items on her agenda is to fight against lower construction wages in the district. Protecting the environment is also at the top of her list. Public education will be a starting point if she is elected.
"We have to make sure that our public education systems are funded so that we can keep doing world class research," said Shipley. "We have to make sure we have the best faculty, we have to make sure that we have great buildings."
The district 22 seat is currently held by State Senator Ron Alting.
- Sherry Shipley to run for State Senate
- Michigan State halts Purdue’s run, 23-13
- State senator to introduce hate crime bill
- State Rep. Sheila Klinker announces run for re-election
- State Rep Sally Siegrist announces run for re-election
- Democratic challenger announces run for State Rep. D 26
- At least 6 looking to fill State Senate seat
- Indiana senators bring guests to State of the Union
- Alting to return as District 22 State Senator
- Longtime GOP state senator enters Indianapolis mayor's race