TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) -- The Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office is being more proactive in its response to traffic complaints.
In January, it let citizens send an email detailing any grievances they may have about traffic.
Sheriff Bob Goldsmith said in his 23 year career with law enforcement the biggest complaint is how people drive.
He wants his department to be transparent and efficient in its feedback with the certain areas where complaints were the highest.
Goldsmith laid out his goal for this program Monday.
"We don't want to write tickets but there are times when a ticket is written, but we want to save lives," said Goldsmith. "We want to be in those areas where we are having serious crashes; have a presence there to save lives."
Goldsmith said he plans to do these follow-ups monthly.
He laid out the results in a Facebook post.
Listed below are some of the areas with the highest amount of traffic complaints and stops:
- Construction Zone on Schuyler Avenue, 31 stops
- Failure to yield at the roundabout on SR 25, 25 stops
- CR 900 E from SR 26 to 800 N, 19 stops.
To send in a traffic complaint do so at this email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sheriff's Office reveals where January's bad driving happened
- Sheriff's Office holding book drive for inmates
- Sheriff's Office, woman trapped in car share side of what happened to killed runaway dog
- Nebraska's impressive final drive dooms Purdue; What happened?
- Tippecanoe Co. Sheriff and Prosecutor debate happening Tuesday
- Ex-Indiana sheriff’s bribery sentencing moved to January
- Frankfort to Host Fallen Officer Blood Drive
- January 2019 Weather Review
- QUIZ: January Birthday Trivia
- Sheriff's office asking public's help identifying man