LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A Lafayette man was arrested in connection to the armed robbery of a downtown Shell gas station. Levi Greenup was officially arrested Wednesday after being taken to the hospital with what appeared to be a gunshot wound on December 4.
Greenup was arrested for Attempted Robbery with a firearm (Level-2), Criminal Recklessness with a Firearm (Level-6), Intimidation with a deadly weapon (Level-5, Felon in possession of a firearm (Level-4), and Pointing a firearm (Level-6). Two other offenses stem from an incident that occurred later that day on December 4. They include Possession of Methamphetamine (Level-6) and Resisting Law Enforcement (Level-A).
On December 4, Lafayette police responded to a report of an armed robbery at the Shell Gas Station on 4th street in Lafayette. According to police, Around 1:30 a.m. Monday, a clerk said a man entered the business armed with a handgun and demanded money. After refusing, the suspect fled firing a single round at the clerk who was behind bullet resistant glass.
- Shell gas station robbery suspect arrested
- Suspect charged with Shell Gas Station attempted robbery
- Police investigate attempted armed robbery of downtown Shell station
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Lafayette man sentenced for downtown gas station robbery
- Fort Wayne police searching for suspect in fatal gas station robbery
- Lafayette gas station robbed Monday morning
- Police find shell casings after reported shooting
- Indiana gas stations teach staff to report human trafficking
- Pence family gas stations left costly environmental legacy