ROSSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — Six people, including three children, have been injured and one airlifted after a head-on crash on State Road 26 in Clinton County, according to Major Joe Mink with the Clinton County Sheriff's office. The call came in around 8:10 a.m. just west of Rossville.
When deputies arrived on the scene they found two vehicles next to a power pole with one of the vehicles upside down.
The driver of the 2000 Honda was identified as 25-year-old Allen Lee Patton Jr. of Kokomo. Also in the vehicle were 25-year-old Jan Nelson and three children ages one, two, and three. All three children were taken to a Lafayette hospital. Nelson was flown to an Indianapolis hospital.
The driver of the second car was identified as 54-year-old Ruth Page of Lafayette. Page was taken to a Lafayette hospital.
Dispatchers said the two cars hit head-on. One vehicle was inverted and caught on fire.
Officials continue to investigate the crash.
- Six people injured including one airlifted in State Road 26 crash
- Victim of fatal crash on State Road 26 identified
- ISP: Three people airlifted after crash in Jasper County
- Two airlifted after White County crash
- Frankfort woman airlifted in ORV crash
- Woman airlifted to hospital after Logansport crash
- Road reopened after deadly serious crash on State Road 26 in Clinton County
- Traffic Alert: State Road 26 20 minute closures start Wednesday
- State Road 26 will undergo lane restrictions this week
- Two dead in serious head-on crash on State Road 26