LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette Urban Ministries, Faith East Community Center, and Northend Community Center will be making changes to their childcare for people of Lafayette School Corporation and Tippecanoe School Corporation due to the announced school closures on Tuesday, Nov. 19.
As WLFI previously reported, due to teachers attending the Red for Ed Rally on Tuesday, November 19, many area schools will be canceling classes that day.
Faith East Community Center and Northend Community Center will, on Nov 19, begin accepting school-age children, K-5th Grades, beginning at 7 a.m. until 6 pm. The cost will be $10 for the day and includes lunch and access to the indoor play gyms at both centers. Parents are asked to register students in advance at leagues.faithlafayette.org
Steve Viars, Faith Ministries Senior Pastor commented; “We want to support our friends in public education anytime we can.”
Additionally, Lafayette Urban Ministries will be extending their After School Program hours for Nov. 19. They will provide childcare from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Several Community Centers to provide childcare for LSC and TSC families on Nov 19
- LSC and Community Schools Of Frankfort cancel school for Nov. 19 as teachers plan to attend rally
- Back to School: What's new in the LSC, TSC & West Lafayette Schools
- TSC, LSC, West Lafayette Schools all closed Thursday due to weather
- LSC discusses active shooter training
- TSC awarded STEM acceleration grant
- Caterpillar donates $21,000 to an educational workshop for local childcare providers
- LSC adds cyber insurance to protect employees
- Lafayette police increase patrols at LSC
- LSC staff discuss STEM at annual conference