KOKOMO, Ind. (WLFI) — Seven people have been arrested, suspected to be involved in the murder of Kokomo resident Sharman Pearson.
According to Kokomo police, 18-year-old Terrence Ben from Chicago Illinois was taken into custody on February 9, 2021, at his home. As a result of the continued investigation, six more individuals were identified as suspects involved in the murder.
- Kevonte Tyler (22-years-old) - Conspiracy to commit murder and Obstruction of justice
- Amari Deaarion Anderson (20-years-old) - Conspiracy to commit murder and Obstruction of justice.
- Marquis Darrionta Herron (19-years-old) - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Dion Creed Smith (18-years-old) - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Kyron Ardion McKnight (18-years-old - Conspiracy to commit murder
- Alexis James (19-years-old) - Obstruction of justice
All six suspects were taken into custody without incident.
On December 23, 2020, around 12:00 a.m., officers of the Kokomo Police Department responded to the area of E. Broadway in reference to a shooting that occurred at that residence. Officers arrived to find the victim, 42-year-old Sharman Pearson shot multiple times. He was transported to St. Vincent Hospital but died due to his injuries.