WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A robbery suspect arrested Tuesday has been preliminarily charged with several robberies in the area. According to Lafayette Police Sgt. Mike Brown, 41-year-old Joseph Kruger of Tilton, Illinois is preliminarily charged with two counts Robbery (level 5 felony) and 1 count Robbery (level 3 felony) for three robberies in Lafayette. The three include Centier Bank on Executive Drive, Regions Bank on Union Street, and Horizon Bank on Cougill Lane
Kruger is also a suspect in at least nine additional robberies in other jurisdictions across multiple states including the one Tuesday in West Lafayette.
Kruger was arrested at a Shelbyville hotel early Wednesday morning. He was arrested in connection to Tuesday's bank robbery of the Centier Bank on Sagamore Parkway near Payless Tuesday afternoon.
- Serial robbery suspect facing multiple charges in local bank robberies
- Serial robbery suspect charged for multiple armed robberies
- Woman faces multiple charges including armed robbery
- Multiple bank robberies may be connected
- Horizon Bank robbery suspect and suspected accomplice charged
- Police searching for Linden bank robbery suspect
- Crawfordsville police investigating bank robbery
- Court documents show Kruger confessed to multiple bank robberies
- Officers looking for suspect in Hillsboro bank robbery
- Police seek masked suspect in another Lafayette bank robbery