Broken line of storms will pass though with some severe risk the next couple of hours.
Storms have struggled with a strong, deep cap, despite good shear, dynamics & instability for multiple lines of some supercell storms.
SLIGHT RISK for severe continues for a couple hours along & north of a Boswell to Brookston to Grissom line with MARGINAL south of there.
It appears that the better shear & dynamics are beginning to exit toward far northern Indiana to Michigan, though we still have enough for some severe weather here. Up there, multiple supercells with wind & large hail are in progress.
This, with an interesting weather day that has featured wake low, gravity waves, an HP supercell with wall cloud & funnel, Asperitas clouds, a strong cap & then smoke from large wildfires in Colorado turning sky hazy, gold & orange this evening (from strong jet winds blowing streak of smoke for there, through Nebraska to our area).
More on this interesting day in an upcoming post.
Cumulus with an isolated shower tomorrow with 70s will give way to sunshine/some cumulus Thursday after 40s to 50 in the morning.
Friday will feature warmer weather with a few isolated showers/t'showers with sun/clouds.
Cumulus with sun & a few isolated showers are possible Saturday.
Sunday looks mostly cloudy with a few scattered showers & t'showers with clearing & 40s Sunday night.
Warm front will work back northward, bringing some scattered rainfall Monday, then taste of summer again Tuesday-Wednesday with 85-90.
Some storms are possible next Wednesday with some severe weather risk, followed by briefly much cooler weather after that with highs near 71 & lows near 47.
- September 6, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 11, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 3, 11:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 4, 11:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 7, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 25, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 3, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 1, 2:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 14, 7:15 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 11, 10:45 PM Weather Forecast Update