Showers & storms continue over the area, even as of midday. This is heavy rainfall. Montgomery, Clinton, Howard, Cass, Miami counties are all under Flood Advisories through early afternoon. Up to 3" of rain has fallen in a band from Montgomery, though southern Clinton to western Howard counties. Randy Rogers in Frankfort measured 2.60" with widespread ponding reported.
We had the one storm with the Severe T'Storm Warning on it in Montgomery & Clinton counties (in our viewing area) for large hail.
Back edge should continue to work eastward allowing for some sunshine later this afternoon. Temperatures should warm & winds increase from the south-southwest. However, the longer it rains & remains mostly cloudy to cloudy, the less time we have to destablize for any severe weather.
The sun is out in Illinois with cumulus developing. Storms have fired ahead of the cold front in Iowa.
There goes this rainfall exiting, following by some lulling.
Note the scattered storms that fire. These should be in the form of multi-cells & supercells. A bit of a broken line may form ahead of the cold front & pass. That would be the final area of storms to pass.
Time frame of the severe risk is around 4-11 p.m.
Slight Risk remains with potential of scattered severe with no upgrades expected given the fact that shear levels & lapse rates are a bit less than it looked last night. Both with higher number would support higher, upgraded severe risk.
Wind is the main threat with hail & isolated tornado or two as secondary threat. Heavy rainfall is possible from any storm.
Wednesday will feature dry, cooler weather with lots of clouds, but some clearing by afternoon. Highs will only run at 61-66.
- September 25, 12:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 25, 7 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 25, 1:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 25, 10:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 12, 1:45 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 6, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 7, 1 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 3, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 16, 3 PM Weather Forecast Update
- September 20, 11 PM Weather Forecast Update