INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) — Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb signed 36 bills into law Thursday, two of which News 18 has been following closely.
One of the bills signed into law Thursday by Governor Holcomb is Senate Bill 474.
As we've previously reported, it was authored by Lafayette State Senator Ron Alting.
It prevents convicted animal abusers from owning, harboring or training any animal while they're on probation.
The bill passed it's final vote back in the first week of this month.
Another bill News 18 has been reporting on is Senate Bill 192 which was authored in part by Republican State Senators Mike Bohacek and Ron Alting.
This bill creates more penalties for distributing pornography or intimate content without consent of the person.
It creates a civil cause of action and the winning plaintiff in the case could be awarded up to $10,000 in damages.
Senate Bill 192 is sponsored by Democratic state rep Sheila Klinker.
- Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb signs 36 bills into law Thursday
- Governor Eric Holcomb announces re-election campaign for Indiana Governor
- Governor signs Indiana Sunday alcohol sales bill into law
- Governor Eric Holcomb directs flags to be flown at half-staff in SW Indiana
- Holcomb signs bill allowing Indiana sale of CBD oil
- Holcomb signs bill to replenish eroded NW Indiana beaches
- Indiana governor signs bill mandating abortion information
- Governor signs Indiana workforce development bills
- Holcomb challenged by Kentucky governor
- Georgia's governor signs a controversial abortion bill into law