Photo Gallery 1 Images
WASHINGTON, D.C. (WLFI) -- Democratic U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly is setting his sights on the year ahead. He spoke with News 18 about his 2018 priorities.
Donnelly said his first obligation is keeping our nation safe, and he said he will continue to support sanctions on North Korea, Iran, and Russia.
Another priority of Donnelly's is working to ensure the growth of Indiana's middle class.
"Increase the number of good jobs in our state," said Donnelly. "That we increase paychecks for everybody so that there's a little bit more in the pay envelope every week for all of our families. That our kids can get a great education. That retirement programs are squared away and are solidified so that people can not only have great jobs but that their jobs stay here in America and don't go overseas."
Donnelly released his 2017 annual report Wednesday. In it, he highlighted some of his legislative accomplishments.
Those include his support of the 21st Century Cures Act. It provides $11 million in federal funding to fight Indiana's opioid epidemic.
- Sen. Donnelly discusses 2018 priorities
- Sen. Donnelly discusses DACA and border control
- Donnelly releases statement on Sen. Al Franken
- Sen. Donnelly advocates 3-digit suicide hotline
- Sen. Donnelly working to keep US jobs at home
- Sen. Donnelly proposes North Korea strategy to President Trump
- Sen. Donnelly wants details on Trump's North Korea strategy
- Sen. Joe Donnelly working to protect soldiers and their families
- Donnelly raises $1.3M, likely outperforming GOP contenders