LAPORTE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A semi hauling 44,000 pounds of Nutella cocoa spread overturned on I-94 Monday evening. According to Indiana State Police, around 9:30 p.m., a 2003 Freightliner pulling a box trailer owned by RockFord Carrier out of London, Ontario, and driven by Chuhar Singh was westbound on I-94 when Singh stated a car in front of him “slammed on his brakes”.
This caused Singh to brake hard and loose control and left the roadway to the north, came back across all westbound lanes and struck the concrete median barrier wall head-on. The semi then overturned, blocking all three westbound lanes of traffic.
Singh was not injured and westbound lanes of traffic were closed for approximately 2 and a half hours.
- Semi full of Nutella overturns in northern Indiana
- Semi-trailer hauling honey overturns along Indiana highway
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- State studying northern Indiana site of recent semi crashes
- Truck hauling cows overturns in southwestern Indiana
- Fire heavily damages northern Indiana RV plant
- Possible tornado damages buildings in northern Indiana
- NW Indiana man found dead beneath overturned lawn mower
- Officer cleared in shooting of boy, 13, in northern Indiana
- Large employer in northern Indiana county plans more layoffs