NEWTON COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Two highways in Newton County were tied up for hours Friday after a semi cab collided with a train.
According to officials, the crash happened around 4 p.m. when the front of the semi's cab appears to have been sideswiped by the train.
The train tracks run parallel to U.S. 24 and cross over U.S. 41. Traffic on both was tied up or slowed for about five hours while emergency crews were on scene.
The Newton County sheriff's office is still investigating what led to the collision, but they say no one was hurt.
- Semi and train collide in Newton County
- Body found in Newton County
- Newton County blaze causes $50,000 damage
- Surveillance video shows Newton County robbery
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- Newton County Sheriff's Office issues warrant for chase suspect
- Jury finds Newton County man guilty of murder
- Newton County man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Friends mourn the loss of woman killed in Newton County
- State Road 10 in Newton County to close Monday