INDIANAPOLIS — A second victim in a fatal hit-and-run crash on U.S. 52 has died of her injuries. According to the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office and Tippecanoe County Coroner Donna Avolt, Kimberly McDole died at Methodist Hospital at 5:45 Monday morning.
McDole has been in critical condition in a hospital since she was struck in a hit-and-run crash on Aug. 1. Yariel Butler, 19, is charged for leaving the scene of a crash that left McDole on life support, 50-year-old William "Eric" Peacock dead and a tow truck driver injured. Since then, Butler has bonded out of jail twice.
McDole was a well-known veterinarian in Clarks Hill and has worked there since 1990. She has two sons who are currently in school. Her friends are putting on a benefit for McDole's family on Sept. 8.
- Second victim in Aug. 1 hit-and-run dies
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash
- Benefit planned for hit-and-run crash victim
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 13
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 14
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 21
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 25
- High school scoreboard for Aug. 28