WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—With it only being two days since Scotty's Brewhouse in West Lafayette quietly closed, buyers are already eyeing the building.
"There's a lot of good news that comes from bad news,” said Mayor for West Lafayette John Dennis. “And this is a situation where that's applicable."
Mayor Dennis said after the company filed bankruptcy in December of 2018 potential buyers were already awaiting the closing and inquiring early.
"Because that's such a hot spot,” said Dennis. “Because it is sort of in the core of where our population base is specifically when you look at what Purdue students are looking for, I'm pretty certain it's going to go relatively quickly."
Tara Mason is a manager at the connecting hotel, Hilton Garden Inn, she said she’ll miss having lunch there.
"One less choice for a quick and easy lunch,” said Mason.
Mason said the closing of Scotty's was shocking but she had heard things before.
"It was abrupt,” said Mason. “Had heard rumors in the past about the other locations closing."
She said customers staying at the hotel may be disappointed. Although she doesn't think business at the hotel will hurt.
"While the place, location is empty we might see more business for our end house restaurant,” said Mason.
As for the employees of Scotty's Brewhouse many local businesses like Tick Tock Tavern in Lafayette have offered jobs.
"I couldn't imagine how it would feel for those employees who I hope not were completely left in the lurch,” said Owner of Tick Tock Tavern Jason Conley.
Conley posted a notice on Facebook notifying Scotty's employees of job openings at his restaurant.
"As much as we can we want to help and offer people to come in and work and get a steady paycheck at a great local business,” said Conley.
Mayor Dennis said he isn’t sure what kinds of businesses have inquired, although the space isn’t expected to stay vacant long.
- Potential buyers looking at Scotty's Brewhouse
- West Lafayette Scotty's Brewhouse closes overnight
- West Lafayette Scotty's Brewhouse to remain open despite chain filing for bankruptcy
- Jury finds Scottie Kincade guilty of murdering Williamsport woman
- Potentially Significant Weekend Snowfall
- Freezing Fog and Our Potential Winter Storm
- Breaking Down This Weekend's Potentially Significant Snowfall
- NIPSCO warns customers of potential phone scammers
- Potential for Severe Weather this Evening
- Tracking Active (Potentially Severe) Weekend Weather