LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A parking lot and a new traffic pattern are on their way to Edgelea Elementary School.
School leaders said they are ready to move forward.
A preliminary site study was completed and Superintendent Les Huddle said it reassured three things; the school needs better safety, more parking and a better pickup and drop-off location.
Huddle added eventually there will be a queue system in the parking lot for efficiency.
The project is slated to be done in the fall of 2020.
- School leaders moving forward with new parking lot at Edgelea Elementary
- Edgelea Elementary rallies behind student injured in fire
- City moves forward on Columbian Park carousel
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Animal cruelty bill moves forward
- Edgelea neighborhood residents are taking action after recent vandalism
- Edgelea Neighborhood Coalition discusses how to rid of vandalism
- Bill to fix school funding shortage moves forward
- Major renovation plans move forward for TSC
- Union Club Hotel renovation plan moves forward