LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Lafayette School Corporation is taking on many new projects to update several facilities. Projects at Jefferson High School, Tecumseh Junior High, and Glen Acres Elementary School are all under way.
New locker rooms are nearly completed at Jeff's Scheumann Stadium. The School Board says finances have already been approved for each project. There should be more space and upgrades for students at each building. Superintendent Les Huddle said even with the recent cold temperatures, construction is still on track.
"We indicated the weather kind of put us back about two weeks at Tecumseh," said Huddle. "But we think we'll be able to catch that up over the next year or so that this whole project is going to be on, so it's not an issue at this point it's just kind of a bump in the road."
Huddle said the many projects are on pace to be completed by the 2020 to 2021 school year.
- School corporation is improving facilities
- Lafayette School Corporation set to open several new facilities
- Lafayette School Corporation projects are on track
- Tippecanoe School Corporation celebrates class of 2018
- Lafayette School Corporation gets a food truck
- Lafayette School Corporation has a full agenda
- Tri-County School Corporation names new superintendent
- Delphi Community School Corporation completes solar energy project
- Lafayette School Corporation approved for 30 hand-held metal detectors
- Propane fueled buses on the way to Tippecanoe School Corporation