TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The negative, icy temperatures could impact local schools. Many are delayed or cancelled Tuesday, and administrators are also keeping an eye on Wednesday.
We talked to all three school corporations in Tippecanoe County and Purdue about what it takes to issue a cancellation or delay.
Tippecanoe, Lafayette and West Lafayette school corporations all say -15 degrees or below is typically the temperature threshold for whether to issue a delay or cancellation. However, factors like humidity, road conditions and salt trucks have an impact.
The corporations all like to make the decision by 5:30 a.m.
Purdue also tries to make the decision by 5:30 a.m. However, the wind chill typically has to drop below -30 degrees.
All delays and cancellations cab be found here.
- School cancellation and delay policies in our area
- Purdue announces delay of spousal medical coverage policy changes
- Multiple schools delayed Friday morning
- Severe weather causes damage and delays throughout WLFI viewing area
- News 18 coverage policy
- Frontier high school boys and girls basketball games cancelled
- Pre-K program reaches area schools
- Area school security expert addresses Florida shooting
- Replacement of high school ISTEP exam delayed another year
- Hearing delayed for boy charged in Indiana school shooting