Photo Gallery 3 Images
JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Jasper County Sheriff's Office said a Monday morning crash between a school bus and a car was a result of the bus failing to yield.
Deputies said three students were on board the Kankakee Valley School Corporation bus during the crash as U.S. 231 and County Road 1125 North. Sheila Jabaay, 59 of Wheatfield, was driving the bus. Josiah Witvoet, 18 of Wheatfield, was driving the car.
Chief Deputy Jason Wallace said evidence showed Jabaay failed to yield to the right of way before turning onto U.S. 231 from a side road. The bus was struck in the side by the car driving north.
No injuries were reported.
- School bus driver accused of failing to yield in crash
- Parents question school protocol after bus crash
- Authorities: 1 student, 2 drivers in Indianapolis hurt in school bus crash
- Driver cited for school bus stop arm violation in Tippecanoe County crash
- Indiana legislators push for school bus cameras after crash
- No charges in fatal Indiana crash between truck, school bus
- One injured in Miami County school bus crash
- Coroner ID's Indiana boy killed in school bus crash
- School bus crash injures 20, 1 student seriously hurt
- Clinton County crash involving school bus under investigation