LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- Students at Mayflower Mill Elementary in Tippecanoe County had a special visitor on Friday.
Santa Claus made a surprise visit and waved to the kids as they left school. He walked along the school's roof as the 630 kids were dismissed for the day.
Students being picked up and students riding the bus were able to catch a glimpse of him.
Mayflower Mill Principal Shannon Cauble said the kids were very excited to see Santa.
"It's the most fun to see the youngest kids who are just mesmerized and just excited and we're so close, we might as well enjoy their excitement for Christmas," said Cauble. "There was a lot of screaming, a lot of excitement, a lot of joy. 'Who is that? How'd they get up there? What's this?'"
Friday was the last day of school for Mayflower Mill.
- Santa Claus visits Mayflower Mill Elementary
- Mayflower Mill holds 'Kindy 500' race
- Santa and Mrs. Claus make a special visit to Franciscan East
- Purdue Athletes visit elementary students for reading super bowl
- Purdue Rube Goldberg national champions visit Dayton Elementary
- Sip hot cocoa and skate with Santa
- Indiana Department of Transportation offers ‘Santa Tracker’
- Dayton Elementary closes early Monday
- Drug Bust Near Vinton Elementary
- Obama visiting Indiana for rally between Trump's twin visits