WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Work on the Sagamore Parkway Bridge in West Lafayette is expected to wrap up Friday, weather permitting.
The last five remaining beams for the new eastbound bridge are set to be put into place by the end of the day.
You can expect traffic to slow down on the westbound bridge.
INDOT spokeswoman Debbie Calder says she appreciates everyone's patience during this project.
"We apologize for any interruption, but this is a project that's very important and needs to get completed and we do appreciate everyone," said Calder.
The next phase of this project is more weather dependent. Crews need to pour and form the deck of the bridge.
The new eastbound bridge is expected to open for traffic this summer.
- Sagamore bridge work expected to wrap up Friday
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge reopening delayed
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Sagamore Bridge work extended through Thursday
- Delays on Sagamore already reported ahead of Tuesday's bridge work
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday