TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — To avoid a headache, try to avoid the Sagamore Parkway Bridge in West Lafayette starting today.
The bridge will temporarily close to drivers throughout this week.
On Tuesday, crews will be setting the beams for the new eastbound bridge and it could be an inconvenience to drivers.
Construction starts today at 8 o'clock this morning and will last until Friday.
The bridge is expected to close for 20 minutes about five times each day.
INDOT's Debbie Calder says the new bridge is expected to open to traffic in the summer of 2018.
"We know everybody's busy and in a hurry to get from here to there and 20-minute sitting is no fun for anyone, but we just want to make people aware that that's part of it. The contractor will be setting the beams for the new eastbound bridge and we do apologize for any inconvenience, but it is necessary," said Calder.
Calder asks drivers to avoid taking the Sagamore Parkway Bridge this week.
Alternate route information can be found on our website at WLFI.com.
Coming up find out when this project is expected to be completed.
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway beginning Wednesday
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Sagamore Parkway will have overnight closures
- Sagamore Parkway overnight closures happening Thursday night
- Overnight Sagamore Parkway closures starting Wednesday
- 20-minute closures on Sagamore Pkwy Bridge begin Tuesday
- Sagamore bridge closures delayed until Wednesday
- INDOT: Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway start Friday
- Last summer for Sagamore closures