TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) announced Wednesday that due to high water levels in the Wabash River, work on the bridge has been pushed back until next week. North River Road (Old State Road 43) will close starting Monday, August 27 at 6 a.m. through noon on Friday, August 31, weather permitting.
The closure will allow construction workers to remove of the bridge deck coping forms and for the removal of the east causeway in the river. The project is scheduled for completion in June of 2019, it is anticipated the new bridge will be open for traffic this fall.
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge Project will close North River Road next week
- N. River Road closed as crews pour Sagamore Parkway bridge deck
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Rain delaying the completion of the Sagamore Parkway Bridge
- Lanes to close on Sagamore Parkway Bridge Monday for summer construction
- North River Road closed as crews pour new bridge deck
- Restore Sagamore Project hits a road block
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway