LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Lafayette Police handled a SWAT situation on Friday afternoon at a home on South 22nd Street in Lafayette.
They said a call came in at 6:45 Thursday night that said there was a woman being held against her will. She was found at the address this afternoon. Sgt. Matt Gard with LPD said they are still investigating if it was a true hostage situation.
It is also not known yet the connection between the woman and the people in the house. LPD was also not able to give any information on her current condition. Police roped off the property with crime scene tape once the situation was clear.
Animal control was called to the scene for multiple dogs that were inside the house.
Several schools were on lockdown during the situation, including Lafayette Jeff High School. Sgt. Gard said there is no threat to the public at this time.
This is a developing story and we will bring you any updates tonight on News 18 at 5 and 6.
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Subject detained in Rossville SWAT situation
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- SWAT Team called to 9th Street home