TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A standoff is now over after an armed man barricaded himself inside of a Tippecanoe County home.
The home is located on 1300 South, east of US 231.
The standoff ended just before four p.m. Wednesday. Deputies were at the scene since that morning.
Deputies originally went to the house to serve two felony arrest warrants for 58-year-old Edrie Scott Hunt.
Sheriff Barry Richard said when deputies arrived, Hunt then displayed a gun.
A SWAT team was then called to the scene and able to get Hunt out.
No injuries have been reported and there were no other subjects inside of the home.
Hunt's felonies are a petition to revoke probation out of Tippecanoe County, and a drug felony out of Montgomery County.
Sheriff Richard said although it took most of the day for Hunt to surrender, he is proud of how the situation was resolved.
"We're here to do our job obviously, but also have compassion and care for their concern as well," said Richard.
Hunt is being treated at a local hospital, he will then be taken to the Tippecanoe County Jail.
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Arrest made in Tippecanoe County standoff situation
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Man in custody after Logansport SWAT standoff
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation