LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Subaru Indiana Automotive has begun production on the brand new 2020 Subaru Outback and Legacy models.
The models will come with the standard all wheel drive and eyesight technology, as well as cruise control and active lane monitoring systems. The technology in the cars will assist with crash avoidance and create a better driving experience.
SIA Senior Vice President, Scott Brand, said it has taken three years to perfect the quality of the two new models.
“We know how quality is a primary constituent of people's buying decisions.” Brand said. “We know that the Legacy and Outback need to be able to deliver on what the customers expect.”
SIA is Subaru’s only manufacturing facility outside of Asia. The Lafayette plant currently makes the Ascent, Impreza, Legacy and Outback models for North America. In April, the facility produced its 4 millionth Subaru vehicle.
The 2020 Subaru Outback and Legacy are expected to be available to the public this fall.
- SIA unveils 2020 Subaru Outback and Legacy
- Gov. Holcomb to attend unveiling of new vehicle at SIA
- SIA Foundation Awards Winter Grants
- SIA Foundation gives out $80K in grants
- Recall issued for vehicles made at SIA
- SIA breaks ground on new training facility
- SIA, Heartland Automotive cancel second shift
- SIA extends plant closure through April 6
- SIA's temporary closure affecting Greater Lafayette's economy
- Subaru 5K race beats fundraising record