LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Subaru of Indiana Automotive is looking to fill up to 250 positions this weekend. The company is hoping to fill jobs that will open around the new year.
Those attending will have a chance to be interviewed and potentially offered a job the same day.
"We have a growing need for our vehicles," said Senior Vice President of Administration Scott Brand. "The plant here in Lafayette produces over 50% of the Subarus sold in North America, and with the market and economy as strong as it's been over the last several years, we have an ongoing need to fill positions."
Brand says there is even a hiring bonus for people who meet the criteria. Those with six to twelve months experience could receive a hiring bonus up to $3,000 and only offered during the event.
The fair is this Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the SIA plant on State Road 38 East in Lafayette.
- SIA hosting job fair for 250 open positions
- SIA Foundation Awards Winter Grants
- Purdue Hosting Career Fair
- $52M plan would create 250 jobs in northern Indiana
- SIA Foundation gives out $80K in grants
- Recall issued for vehicles made at SIA
- SIA breaks ground on new training facility
- SIA unveils 2020 Subaru Outback and Legacy
- SIA, Heartland Automotive cancel second shift
- Gov. Holcomb to attend unveiling of new vehicle at SIA