LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — According to police, the standoff is over. Four people have been detained, including the person who was the potential suspect. LPD is asking people to stay clear of the area.
LPD reports South 18th Street between Brady Ln and Ortman Lane is back open.
Lafayette Police Officers were originally responding to a call for service from the Indiana Department of Child Services DCS was at the home responding to a case with a seven-year-old child.
According to Lieutenant Scott Galloway, police are responding to a standoff. The initial call reported a suspect had brandished a weapon at an officer during an investigation of the home.
No reports of injuries and the investigation is on-going.
- 18th St. standoff over: Four detained, including potential suspect
- Lafayette man arrested after 18th St. standoff
- Police detain suspected shooter in Cincinnati's Fountain Square, dispatcher says
- Updates to Loeb Stadium include new stoplight on Main St.
- Wabash Riverfest Kicks off 18th Annual Event
- Man stabbed at 18th and Morton
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- One seriously injured in crash in Twyckenham and 18th St. crash
- Potentially Significant Weekend Snowfall
- Kokomo rape suspect dies in Louisiana after standoff with police