LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A "Toast to Mental Health" is helping support three local organizations. The Lafayette Daybreak Rotary hosted its annual fundraiser to commemorate the hard work from its members and the community.
The club raises more than $40,000 a year, which is dispersed to Mental Health America, National Alliance on Mental Illness and Willowstone.
Thursday's event featured music, a live and silent auction, food and guest speakers. The president of Lafayette's Daybreak Rotary said the organization is always willing to help those in need.
"We feel its real important for someone to step up and speak for those who cant," said Jenni Leaird.
The fundraising celebration took place at the Trails in Lafayette.
- Lafayette Daybreak Rotary fundraiser gives to local mental health organizations
- A Toast to Mental Health fundraiser happening Thursday
- Local student organizes fundraiser to support research for rare disease
- Lafayette Honor Flight organization gives back
- Cartel organizer from Lafayette gets 12 years
- Legislators tour Tippecanoe County mental health services
- Local organizations helping people become naturalized citizens
- Greater Lafayette newcomers event matched local organizations with new community members
- SPECIAL REPORT: Local experts working to lower America's mental health crisis
- Burnout is an official medical diagnosis, World Health Organization says