ROSSVILLE, Ind. (WLFI) — Police have detained a suspect after a SWAT situation in Rossville, according to the Clinton County Sheriff's Office. The incident put the Rossville Consolidated School Corporation on lockout, which has been lifted.
According to Rossville Schools Chief of Police Joe Mink, the situation happened a few blocks from the school complex on State Road 39 and State Road 26.
Cheif Deputy Todd Lappin said the call came in as a drunk driver. The deputy made a stop, and now the person is refusing to get out of the car. The person is laying down in the front seat, according to Lappin.
A school lockout happens when there is a threat outside the building. No one may leave or enter the building, and classes continue as usual.
- Subject detained in Rossville SWAT situation
- Linden man in custody after SWAT situation
- 18th Street SWAT situation ends with arrest
- SWAT situation at 22nd and State Streets
- Lafayette man charged in 2018 SWAT situation
- Lafayette police still investigating after three-hour SWAT situation
- Standoff is over in SWAT situation in Tippecanoe County
- Possible sexual assault reported in Friday's SWAT situation
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- Rossville Farm Offering Fall Fun