ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Terrence Ross scored 13 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and the Orlando Magic beat Indiana 107-100, handing the Pacers their fourth straight loss Thursday night.
Nikola Vucevic added 17 points and 10 rebounds for Orlando after being selected to the All-Star team for the first time. D.J. Augustin’s 20 points for the Magic included nine free throws in the final 1:26.
Orlando broke a four-game losing streak and snapped an eight-game skid against Indiana.
Myles Turner had 27 points and seven rebounds for the Pacers, who have not won since losing All-Star guard Victor Oladipo to a knee injury. Bojan Bogdanovic added 21 points for Indiana.
Ross came off the bench and shot 11 of 18, including five 3-pointers. He made three steals in the fourth quarter.
Vucevic scored six points while the Magic were taking an 11-0 lead. The Pacers erased that deficit quickly, but never went ahead until Darren Collison drove for a layup and three-point play with 9:56 left in the third quarter. That came during a 17-4 run in which Turner scored 10 points, lifting Indiana to a 65-57 lead, its largest of the game.
Ross converted two straight steals into points to pull Orlando back in front early in the fourth, and Vucevic’s basket put the Magic ahead for good at 91-89.
Vucevic was chosen as an Eastern Conference reserve, becoming the Magic’s first All-Star since Dwight Howard in 2012. Vucevic entered averaging 20.7 points and 12 rebounds per game.
Pacers: G Tyreke Evans missed his third game with a sore back. He will join the team in Miami and hopes to play Saturday. ... G Corey Joseph started his first game of the season. ... After posting the NBA’s best record in December, the Pacers went 7-7 in January.
Magic: F Jonathan Isaac had a career-high 13 rebounds. ... Ross has made at least three 3-pointers in 24 games.
Pacers: At the Miami Heat on Saturday night.
Magic: Home against the Brooklyn Nets on Saturday night.
- Ross scores 30 as Magic hand Pacers 4th straight loss
- Pacers deal Knicks 9th straight loss, 104-103
- Bojan Bogdanovic scores 26 points, Pacers beat Magic 112-90
- Sabonis scores 21 as Pacers rally past Magic 109-102
- Short-handed Pacers cruise past Bulls for third straight win
- Sabonis, Holiday help Pacers edge Magic 111-106
- Pacers send Cavaliers to 10th straight loss 123-115
- Bogdanovic scores 29, Pacers beat short-handed Clippers
- Balanced scoring carries Pacers past short-handed Grizzlies
- Vucevic, Ross lead surging Magic to 117-112 win at Indiana