WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (Purdue Sports) — Rondale Moore ended the regular season the same way he started it - putting up monster numbers and earning Big Ten Freshman of the Week honors.
In the Purdue football team's 28-21 Old Oaken Bucket win at Indiana on Saturday, Moore equaled his season high with 12 receptions for 141 yards and two touchdowns.
With the game tied 7-apiece, Moore scored on a 56-yard pass from David Blough late in the second quarter and on a 33-yard pass from Blough late in the third quarter to give the Boilermakers a 21-7 advantage. Moore also recovered the victory-preserving onside-kick attempt by Indiana with 1:16 remaining in the game.
It marks the fourth Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor for Moore this season. He was recognized after setting the Purdue record with 313 all-purpose yards in the season opener against Northwestern and subsequently for his performances against No. 23 Boston College and No. 2 Ohio State.
It has been a memorable season for Moore, who is a Heisman Trophy candidate. He is one of five finalists for the Paul Hornung Award, which is presented annually to the most versatile player in college football, and was a semifinalist for the Maxwell Award (nation's outstanding player) and the Biletnikoff Award (outstanding college football receiver).
The Boilermakers have been recognized by the conference a school-record 11 times this season. The previous high was eight honorees in 2000 and 2001.
Purdue completed the regular season with a 6-6 overall record and a 5-3 Big Ten mark, its first winning conference campaign since 2006 and good for a second-place tie in the West Division (with Iowa and Wisconsin). It marks the Boilermakers' highest finish since divisional alignment began in 2013.
The Boilermakers are heading to their second bowl game in as many seasons under head coach Jeff Brohm and will learn their destination and opponent Dec. 2.
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named co-Big Ten Freshman of the Week
- Rondale Moore named Big Ten Freshman, Receiver of the Year
- Purdue's Moore named Big Ten co-Freshman of the Week
- Purdue's McLaughlin named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week
- Purdue freshman Rondale Moore wins Paul Hornung Award
- Rondale Moore named first-team Associated Press All-American
- Four-star WR Rondale Moore chooses Purdue
- One-on-one with Rondale Moore
- Rondale Moore a consensus All-American