ROMNEY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor filed charges on Wednesday against a man whose actions led to a standoff lasting several hours
Edrie Hunt was charged with intimidation and resisting law enforcement.
On March 14th in Romney, prosecutors say deputies tried to serve arrest warrants on Hunt at a home on County Road 1300 South.
They say Hunt pulled a handgun and threatened to kill himself. Officers negotiated with Hunt over the next several hours.
He eventually surrendered and was taken into custody.
- Romney man charged after police standoff
- Lafayette police investigate shooting at Romney Meadows
- Man arrested after 2-hour standoff with police
- Lafayette police continue standoff investigation
- Lafayette man arrested after standoff
- Lafayette police searching for man suspected of killing Romney Meadows man
- Police looking for suspect in alleged Romney Meadows armed robbery
- Suspect, still at large, charged with murder in killing of Romney Meadows man
- LPD: Man suspected of killing in Romney Meadows arrested
- Man with machete arrested after 90-minute standoff with Lafayette police