BOONE, CASS AND PULASKI COUNTIES, Ind. (WLFI) - Several road closures are happening the week of July 15th across the viewing area, as INDOT looks to make some improvements.
INDOT has an updated schedule for ramp closures on I-65 in Boone County. It plans to resurface the ramps at Exit 130. Whitestown Parkway on-ramp to I-65 southbound will close on Monday at 6 p.m. It will re-open at 6 a.m. on Tuesday. The same ramp will close again on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m., and will re-open again at 6 a.m. on Wednesday.
The I-65 southbound exit ramp to Whitestown Parkway will close on Wednesday at 6 p.m., and will re-open at 6 a.m. on Thursday. Finally, the Whitestown Parkway on ramp to I-65 northbound will close on Thursday at 6 p.m., and will re-open at 6 a.m. on Friday.
In Cass County, work will begin on Monday on U.S. 24 bridge that goes over the Panhandle Pathway in Logansport. INDOT plans to do a bridge replacement.
During the first phase of the project, drivers will come across narrower lanes, as well as a speed limit reduction to 45 miles per hour. In August, the road will close for about 40 days while crews replace the bridge.
Detours during this closure must be on state-maintained roads only. Eastbound drivers on U.S. 24 will detour north on State Road 39, east on State Road 16 and south on U.S. 35 back to U.S. 24. Westbound drivers will detour north on U.S. 35, west on SR 16 and south on SR 39 back to U.S. 24.
In Pulaski county, the S.R. 119 bridge over Mud Creek will start a deck overlay project on Tuesday. This bridge is about six miles south of U.S. 35 in Pulaski County. When workers are present, flaggers will direct one lane of traffic through the construction zone. Work is anticipated to wrap up by early September.
- Road closures happening during the week of July 15th
- Sagamore Parkway overnight closures happening Thursday night
- North River Road closure rescheduled
- Periodic closures happening on State and Martin Jischke
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- UPDATE: Monday's North River Road closure postponed
- Temporary weekend road closure on State Street
- Road closures due to bridge replacement in Clinton County
- White County bridge replacement will cause road closure
- Traffic Alert: State Road 26 20 minute closures start Wednesday