DELPHI, Ind. (WLFI) - West Washington Street in Delphi is back open from Dreifers Avenue to North 9th Street after a "large structure fire" Wednesday morning. That's according to the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. That's on the northwest side of the city.
The call came in around 4:40 a.m.
Delphi Fire Chief Darrell Sterrett says five buildings and six cars were destroyed. News 18 was told it started in a chicken coop and spread to a garage, two sheds and a house. There was also heat damage to a nearby church.
A homeowner and his son were inside the home at the time. They were able to escape the fire. No injuries have been reported.
Delphi, Camden and Flora fire all responded. Crews were able to put the fire out and have left the scene.
- 5 buildings destroyed in overnight fire
- Early morning fire destroys home
- Fire destroys businesses in northwestern Indiana plaza
- Shots fired outside Lafayette bar overnight
- Overnight fire sends five to the hospital
- Mexican restaurant catches fire overnight in Frankfort
- Becoming Cool, Clear Overnight
- Tracking Snow Overnight
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in overnight Frankfort house fire
- LPD makes arrests in overnight shots fired incident