TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The I-65 southbound lane will be closed Sunday, Sept. 8 until Friday, Sept. 13.
Construction will take place between the 157 and 155-mile marker. A temporary traffic signal is up at the intersection of U.S. 52 and S.R. 28 to help with traffic flow.
Indiana Department of Transportation will be working on the Lauramie and Little Potato Creek Bridges.
According to INDOT, the Superior Construction Co., Inc. was awarded the $8 million contract. This project includes overlaying the deck on the Lauramie Creek and Little Potato Creek Bridges and removing the bridge over the abandoned railroad tracks located north of S.R. 28.
The project is scheduled to be completed by August 2021.
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- UPDATE: Southbound lanes of I-65 are now open
- I-65 southbound lanes closed for several hours Monday afternoon
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash