WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Purdue is mourning the loss of retired Professor Dale Margerum.
According to the university's website, the professor of chemistry died Wednesday at his West Lafayette home.
He taught at Purdue for 54 years before retiring with distinction in 2008.
His wife, Sonya, served as West Lafayette Mayor for 24 years.
In 2015, the couple started the Sonya and Dale Margerum West Lafayette History and Research Center Endowment. It supports the West Lafayette Public Library's history and research center.
Margerum was 89 years old.
- Retired Purdue Professor Dale Margerum dies
- Purdue Agriculture Economics professor dies
- Purdue professor sets world record
- Purdue Professor Dr. Wallace "Wally" Tyner has died
- Purdue professor arrested for alleged public intoxication
- Purdue professor and his wife indicted
- Some Purdue professors experience wave of harassment
- Purdue professor makes debut on Jeopardy!
- Purdue professor discusses black hole image
- Former West Lafayette Mayor Sonya Margerum passes away