TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Some residents in Tippecanoe County are thankful they are safe after learning a tornado touched down.
The National Weather Service confirmed two tornadoes hit the News 18 viewing area Tuesday evening.
The first EF-0 tornado was located near Covington in Fountain County.
The second was confirmed in Tippecanoe County. It was located two miles southwest of Buck Creek.
Cassie Doolittle lives in that area. She had a kitchen window shatter from debris and a barn collapse.
She said they've seen many storms in the past, but this one stood out.
"It's kind of surreal. We were just assuming it was straight-line winds because that's what happens a lot out here. So, a tornado? Maybe it'll be something to tell the kids, I guess, when they're older," said Doolittle.
No injuries were reported in the storms.
Doolittle said they will begin the cleaning process once the insurance company comes to assess the damage.
- Residents react to tornado touchdown in Tippecanoe County
- August 3, 1859 Tippecanoe County Tornado
- NWS confirms tornado a touched down in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff reacts to drugs in jail
- Tippecanoe County party chairs react to election results
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- HIGHLIGHTS: Late touchdown lifts Nebraska past Purdue 25-24
- Thorson's 2 touchdowns lead Northwestern over Purdue 23-13
- Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Office warns residents of fake calls