LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Lafayette police and fire evacuated residents due to a gas line break on the city's east side Wednesday afternoon.
According to dispatchers News 18 spoke with, four trucks were on scene at 712 Paradise Avenue. That is near the Visitor's Center off I-65.
According to Lafayette police, crews were able to shut off the gas main about 8 minutes after the leak started. The possible cause was a lawnmower striking a gas meter.
- Residents evacuated in Lafayette gas line break
- Crews working on gas line break in Monticello
- Lafayette gas station robbed Monday morning
- Lafayette resident speaks out over sidewalks
- Lafayette Masonic Temple breaks new ground
- Water main break in West Lafayette
- New southside Lafayette library breaks ground
- Man arrested for armed robbery at Lafayette gas station
- Lafayette church plans to give away $1,600 in gas Saturday
- Lafayette man sentenced for downtown gas station robbery