TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor's office is looking into a reported sex offense on a Shuttle service from Chicago.
Purdue Police originally took the call, they said a shuttle driver reported the incident Saturday afternoon.
According to police, the shuttle was coming to campus from O'Hare Airport.
A female passenger told the shuttle driver that a male passenger inappropriately touched her.
Purdue Police Chief John Cox said after investigating, they were able to identify a suspect.
"We don't get many cases like this, every now and then we get an altercation on a local city bus or something like that but not typically this type of altercation," said Cox.
The Tippecanoe County Prosecutor's office is handling the investigation because the alleged incident happened outside of the Purdue Police Department's jurisdiction.
- Reported sex offense on shuttle service
- New Shuttle Service Coming To Purdue
- Neighbors respond to offensive banners at church
- Defense tops offense in Purdue spring game
- Current Indiana bishop named in grand jury sex abuse report
- VIDEO: WLFI Sports team looks at Arizona's offense
- Hundreds gather in solidarity in response to offensive banners
- Offense holds off defense 42-36 in Purdue Spring Game
- David Blough named Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week