WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — In a shocking turnaround, it appears Josh McDaniels will not be the next head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.
The Colts announced early Tuesday that Josh McDaniels had accepted the job and would be introduced on Wednesday.
ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Tuesday night, though, that McDaniels had a change of heart.
You can see Schefter's tweets in the sidebar, to the right.
Below is the official statement from the Indianapolis Colts.
- Josh McDaniels reportedly changes mind, decides not to take Colts head coaching job
- Report: Colts expected to hire Josh McDaniels as next head coach
- Josh Strasser awarded Colts/NFL coach of the week
- Colts say 'rivalry on' after McDaniels backs out of deal
- Colts hope Luck’s return makes coaching job more attractive
- Source: Colts agree to deal making Reich new head coach
- Colts fire Pagano
- Reich embraces new role with Colts as coaching backup plan
- Colts' Andrew Luck goes on injured reserve
- Colts announce 2018 regular season schedule