TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - A Lafayette man has been sentenced to 50 years for charges related to child molesting.
Trevar Stangle, 38, pleaded guilty to attempted child molesting and being a repeat sex offender.
Prosecutors said he had sexual contact with a six-year-old girl on multiple occasions in 2016 and 2017.
Court documents show he was also convicted of two counts of felony child molesting in Huntington County in 2001.
He was sentenced to 45 years in the Department of Corrections and five years on probation.
- Repeat sex offender sentenced to 50 years
- Repeat offender sentenced to 28 years for child molesting
- New sex offender law signed
- Former child sex offender asks to modify sentence
- Accused child sex offender wants change of venue
- Manhunt underway for convicted sex offender in Madison County
- Why some neighborhoods aren't on the sex offender registry
- Ally Ross repeats as Women's City champion
- Purdue's Ae'Rianna Harris repeats as Big Ten defensive player of the year
- Judge sentences Bill Cosby to three to ten years in prison for 2004 sex assault