WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — There is now air conditioning in visitor locker rooms at Ross-Ade stadium.
The upgrades to the locker rooms began last season. On top of the air, the university also added new flooring and chairs.
You may remember last year, we reported University of Michigan Coach Jim Harbuaugh making harsh statements about the condition of the visitors locker-rooms involving a lack of air-conditioning and other resources.
Director of Communications for Purdue Athletics, Tom Schott said Harbaugh's statement only played a small part in the decision to upgrade the facilities.
"I truthfully don't think we realized the condition it had fallen into, it needed some updating, we recognize that, glad it got pointed out to us and glad we could make these improvements," said Schott.
Schott said a thorough review of the locker rooms was done at the end of last season.
- Renovations made to Ross-Ade visiting locker rooms
- Purdue to release survey for Ross-Ade Stadium renovation
- Take the Ross-Ade Stadium upgrade survey
- Crews make a few upgrades to Ross-Ade Stadium
- Purdue adds 130 dB train horn to Ross-Ade Stadium
- 12,000 responses roll in from the "Your Ross-Ade" survey
- Boilermakers fight for a bowl game at Ross-Ade on Saturday
- Purdue to construct archway memorial for Tyler Trent at Ross-Ade Stadium
- Purdue's Ross Learnard named All-American again
- Ross, Stout sign national letters of intent