Lafayette, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation is working on Teal Road in Lafayette. Crews are working to fill potholes to protect drivers and their cars.
The work is being done mostly at night said INDOT Communications Director Debbie Calder. These are temporary fixes after the harsh winter we've had.
"I know people are frustrated when we're out there," said Calder. "I do believe our crews have been doing some work at night just to minimize the impact to the traveling public so bare with us. We are trying to make it better until the bigger project comes next year
Next year is when people in the area will notice a major rehabilitation project. According to INDOT, work is being done on Teal Rd. from. U.S. 231 to Concord Rd. The road will be resurfaced and drainage upgrades will be made. Crews will also add sidewalks and repair existing sidewalks in some areas.
Calder says construction is expected to take place in two seasons. In the spring and summer.
"That will actually open for bids by contractors in January of next year," Calder said. "That will be under construction next summer."
- Rehabilitating Teal Rd. in Lafayette
- Franciscan Health Lafayette unveils new rehabilitation gym
- Unity's Miracles Rehabilitation to relocate
- Dogs help rehabilitate Tippecanoe County criminals
- Needler's groceries to take over Teal Road Marsh location
- Teal and Black is the Red and White
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Lafayette history gets "Eerie"
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- Greater Lafayette's growing pains