WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The West Lafayette Community School Corporation is finalizing the latest steps in its facilities update.
The Red Devil Project is moving into its Aquatics Center updates at West Lafayette Junior-Senior High School. The current pool will be filled-in to create more classroom space for the high school. The Richard Wachs Aquatic Center will be added on to the existing junior-senior high school building.
The new pool will also feature more than 500 seats for various events. Superintendent Dr. Rocky Killion said they are looking at ways to save money on both ends of the project.
"It's been projected we can save up near three-quarters of a million dollars if we do the projects at the same time," said Killion.
The school board hopes to keep tax dollar investments at the levels from previous years with facilities updates.
"We're moving forward with the timeline we presented, we're keeping our commitment to ensure it doesn't affect the tax rate as it was in 2016," said Killion.
There is currently no end date for the project. Dr. Killion said they hope to know the timeline by the end of May or early June.
- Red Devil Project nearing final stages
- Happy Hollow Light Project nears completion
- Final phase approved for Columbian Park's Memorial Island project
- Project on State Street one step closer to finalization
- Phase one of Revive Klondike project nearing completion
- Darvish finally wins at Wrigley, Cubs top Reds 5-2
- Local high school students vying for world stage
- Hogs take center stage at White County Fair
- Midterm elections set stage for series of historic firsts
- Community members weigh in at final meeting for five points project