CARROLL COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)— It's been four weeks since a four-year-old boy was swept downstream in the waters of Carroll County's Deer Creek. DNR Officers have been looking for Owen Jones ever since that day.
"Each day kind of gets a little harder not knowing anything,” said mother to Owen, Britiney Jones.
After nearly a month, the search for four-year-old Owen Jones continues.
"We communicate with Owen's family letting them know, hey there's not any updates,” said Indiana Department of Natural Resources Lieutenant Dan Dulin. “As far as the general public, they may or may not see us working on the case but rest assured that we are still out there looking for Owen."
Dulin said the only thing that has been found since Owen went missing is a pair of blue shorts in the water. It was confirmed later that those were not his. Jones' mother, Britiney, remains hopeful.
"What really gets me through the day is clinging onto God and any type of hope that you might have,” said Jones.
Jones said the family continues to remember Owen as the kid with a big heart and imagination.
"He was my wild goofy kid. We called him our sour patch kid,” said Jones. “Because he was pretty sour then he'd come up to you and give you hugs and you'd forget all about it."
She said even remembering the small things help her get through the day.
"Well I used to think that some random sound effects that he made through the house was pretty annoying but at this point you'd do anything to hear them again,” said Jones.
Since Owen went missing people who have gone through this heart ache have reached out. She says she's learned a lot through this tragedy.
"My goal is to one day be through this enough to where I can help somebody else going through this,” said Jones.
Jones said the focus for her and her family are on the young boy who meant the world to them.
"No matter what condition he's found in, I just want him found,” said Jones. “So I can bring him home."
Lt. Dulin said this is the longest rescue he has ever worked.
They will continue searching.
- Four-year-old Owen Jones' family speaks out
- Silent auction fundraiser held for Owen Jones
- Additional rainfall hinders investigation into missing Owen Jones
- Delphi holds prayer vigil for 4-year-old Owen Jones
- Melissa Deno's family speaks out 1 year after fatal crash
- Ladies of the Bush Family speaking at Purdue Thursday night
- Holocaust survivor speaks to students
- Family speaks out after fire heavily damages their Benton County home
- Get your tickets to see the ladies of the Bush family speak at Purdue
- Families remember Abigail Williams and Liberty German two years later