LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—People from all over came together today at Triangle Park for the Recovery Rocks event.
The event is open to everyone recovering from substance use.
There were also tents available as resources for those experiencing mental health issues.
Free food, lemonade, music and games were also available for families.
People were also able to learn about a new recovery cafe for people to come and enjoy a meal in a safe and inviting environment.
Rebecca Maslanka said this kind of event really brings the community together.
"This is a great way to bring the community together, bring families together because families are a really important part of recovery," said Maslanka. "Without family, it's a holistic approach. We are out here to have fun. Art, as you can see art and just get the community involved."
- Recovery Rocks event brings community together at Triangle Park
- Recovery Rally brings people together in support of overcoming addiction
- Opioid Quick Response Team brings recovery to people's homes
- Shop With a Cop brings community together
- Candlelight vigil brings the Delphi community close
- Solidarity rally brings message to the community
- Community living coming to Discovery Park District
- Purdue and Oscar Winski host community-wide electronics recycling event
- Greater Lafayette Newcomers Event to give sampling of community
- Sundae Sunday community event held in West Lafayette