LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—The Recovery Cafe in Lafayette is now open. The cafe is a safe haven for those in recovery from any addiction or illness. With help from sponsors such as We Bloom and the Division of Mental Health and Addiction the cafe was made possible.
People can expect beverages and food while at the cafe. You can also become a member of the cafe for free.
Amy Brinkley with the Office of Consumer and Family Affairs said this is a great way to give back to community.
"One of the things that made the Recovery Cafe actually extra important was that we're providing funding for mental health and addiction," said Brinkley. "So co-occurring disorders in the same house, in the same space, recognizing that people aren't just one or just other. We have a whole group of people that represent both."
The cafe is also working to create other resources. It's located at 330 Fountain Street in Lafayette. The only rule is that people must be 24 hours sober before coming in.
- Recovery Cafe in Lafayette is now open
- West Lafayette Sgt. Aron Thompson's recovery
- The first cannabis cafe in the United States opens
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- New cafe coming to Benton County
- FEMA opens disaster recovery center for flood victims in Delphi
- A disaster recovery center is open in Delphi
- Blind Pig Opens in Downtown Lafayette
- Franciscan Health Lafayette opens new West Tower
- Why hasn't Needler's opened in Lafayette yet?