WASHINGTON – GHSE, LLC, a Green Cove Springs, Florida establishment, is recalling approximately 738 pounds of ready-to-eat salad with meat products that contain a corn ingredient that may be contaminated with Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced Wednesday.
The ready-to-eat salads with steak were produced from Oct. 11, 2018 through Oct. 14, 2018. The following products are subject to recall: [View Label (PDF only)]
• 15.25-oz. clear plastic clamshell packages containing “Marketside™ FIESTA SALAD WITH STEAK” and use by date from 10/17/2018 through 10/20/2018.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 45781” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to retail locations in Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina.
The problem was discovered on Oct. 15, 2018 when GHSE, LLC received notification that the corn used in the production of their ready-to-eat salad product was being recalled by their corn supplier due to Listeria monocytogenes and Salmonella concerns.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.
FSIS is concerned that some product may be in consumers’ refrigerators. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall can contact Renaissance Food Group, at (916) 638-8825.
- Ready-to-Eat salads being recalled due to possible salmonella and listeria contamination
- Meijer recalls some packaged produce due to listeria risk
- Sandwiches and salads sold at Target, Fresh Market recalled over Listeria concerns
- A Michigan produce company is recalling apples in eight states for possible listeria contamination
- Several products from Trader Joe's are being recalled over possible listeria contamination
- 6.5 million pounds of beef recalled due to salmonella outbreak
- Jimmy Dean sausage recalled due to metal contamination
- Bottles Of Wish Bone Salad Dressing Recalled
- More than 6,000 pounds of frozen meat sold at Walmart is recalled for possible salmonella contamination
- FDA again warns consumers not to eat Honey Smacks cereal due salmonella outbreak